Saturday, April 24, 2010

Anybody out there?

Sometimes I wonder if this blog is read.......we have been doing this for a week and we have three comments attached....one by the Larke's and the rest by Suzanne..........is this a waste of time and effort? If so, let us know via the blog or e-mail and we will pick another form of communication.

If you haven't figured it out yet, Dad ignores 99% of the phone calls to his cell phone......it hurts to talk and he can't effectively communicate......so that tool is frustrating. The more you call it, the more frustrated he becomes.

As his caregivers we are more than happy to relay messages to Dad. Its easiest to do it from notes on email or the Blog. Otherwise, the calls and care are consuming every waking minute we have.

4 comments:

  1. Steven & Melissa, George and I have just found out about your blog & are so glad to know what's happening. George realized talking to Will on the phone wasn't working, but didn't want to bother you. Hospice was wonderful for my mother. Hope it works out. I know Elise would be so proud of you for looking after your Dad. Let us know if we can help in some way. Love, Kay and George

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do read the blog every single day-just haven't sent a comment. Hopefully Hospice will provide the additional support I know you all need. Please let me know if I can do anything to help-at least we can be thankful that he is no longer alone and in really a desperate situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven & Melissa. Following up on Kay's blog, I appreciate what you are doing so very much. Please Kay & me know if there is anything we can do to help. I have a newspaper clipping of will taken when he was in the Army. It is somewhere in mother's things. If I can find them, I will try to post them on your blog. Best to both of you, George

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check this several times a day (but you probably already knew that) Thank you Steven & Melissa for all you are doing for Dad! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete