Sunday, April 5, 2009

Good Evening,

I visited with Dad today and it was a great visit. He walked the halls with me and was moving well. He weighed himself today..189.5 with his shoes and sweatsuit on. I told him that women never weigh themselves with their shoes on! haha

I had a lengthy conversation with Dr. Kirby on Friday. Presuming that Dad's numbers are still projected at 100,000 this Monday, they will "assess" him for a feeding tube before they operate. I told Dad that he needed to make sure that I was called (if I was not there) before ANY surgery was to take place. If he is "tube" ready, they will do the surgery on Monday. He will have a 3 day recovery(estimate) followed by a visit with a dietician. Dr. Kirby also mentioned a nurse checking in with him at home, too.

Dr. Kirby is very concerned with the "slow shrinkage" of Dad's cancer. He wants Dad to resume his chemo/radiation as soon as possible. This is where we can be big encouragers to Dad. Dr. Kirby also stated that it had to get worse before it gets better. Hopefully with the feeding tube we will overcome this set-back and move forward.

I will be with Dad tomorrow and so will Bobbie!

Night Night~
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment